Frontier Pet food has been developed with a vet and holistic animal health and wellbeing specialist, Dr Kathy Cornack.
It's been designed to be biologically appropriate for your dog - in other words - to mimic what your dog would have eaten 'back in the day'. With a little bit of extra thrown in...
Frontier Pet food contains:
FOOD WITH THOUGHT
Everyone has an opinion on the right diet for dogs – even people who don’t have them! So how do you cut through the nonsense and get to the facts?
When you investigate what your dog should be eating there’s a couple of things that are worth considering: Is the person giving you the advice qualified to give it to you? And does it make sense?
“I have worked with Frontier Pets to develop a complete, nutritionally balanced food that I believe is the most ideal pre-prepared dog food available on the market today. It's produced using local ingredients from organic and sustainable sources and from farmers who practice high welfare care of their animals. It's responsible food that makes sense,"
Dr Kathy Cornack.
EXPERIENCE IS EVERYTHING
Dr Cornack has been working as a vet for over 30 years and has an extensive list of professional qualifications relating to veterinary science, animal behaviour and nutrition including:
- Honours degree in Veterinary Science, University of Queensland, 1985.
- Masters degree in Animal Nutrition, University of Queensland, 1995.
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Behaviour Since 1999.
- Dr Cornack’s advice specifically relates to animal nutrition and holistic animal health, backed by her decades long tenure as a vet.
SOME FACTS TO CONSIDER
Dogs are omnivores
That means their diet should contain both protein and plant based foods. So fruit & veg as well as meat.
Dogs are descended from wolves
And not that long ago in evolutionary terms, so their natural diet should mimic that of the prey they used to kill and eat back in the day. This includes stomach contents, internal organs, muscle, skin and bone.
Staff in pet stores don’t always know what’s best, just because a particular brand sells well, or is expensive, doesn’t mean it’s the best there is. Look at labels and choose products with ingredients and processes that make sense.
Cooking for dogs
Raw is best for healty dogs, so if you insist on hand-preparing your dogs meals, don’t cook the food (unless specifically advised by your vet).
Healthy dogs shouldn’t be fed foods that contain a lot of carbohydrates such as cereal grains like corn and wheat, or pasta. Dogs cannot digest complex carbohydrates, yet these are the predominant ingredients in most manufactured foods. Always choose grain or gluten free.
Frontier Pet food is as good as it gets. It contains:
- High quality, human-grade ingredients sourced from ethically farmed, organic and free-range producers.
- No gluten and is very low in carbohydrates.
- Ethically Farmed Pork – a highly digestible protein that is great for building muscle mass.
- Free-Range, Grass Fed Beef – for good quality protein and fat.
- Free-Range Beef & Pork Offal for protein, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
- Organic fruit & vegetables for vitamins, minerals, fibre and healthy carbohydrates.
- Kelp, flaxseed and almond meal for healthy omega oils, vitamins and minerals.
- Turmeric – known for its exceptional health properties.
Your first full pack order of dog food comes with a very handy (and very clever) measuring cup with bag clip. Shop now.